Friday, January 14, 2011

Happy 23rd Anniversary Kanlungan

Hi everyone, it's Sarah.

Thank you so much for all your thoughts and prayers, they are very much appreciated.

We've had a lovely day today taking 170 kids swimming. I have to admit I thought it was going to be a bit of a nightmare; but it was amazing! Everyone has had so much fun. The resort was absolutely perfect; and because we went on a friday, we were practically the only ones there. It was just fantastic to see the smiles on the children's faces; it will be the first time that some of them have been swimming.

I have to say that I have got quite sunburnt today, so having loads of kids climbing all over me was rather painful haha:) but I'll live.

Today we have also celebrated the 23rd anniversary of Kanlungan. It has been so nice that the two have coincided as we were able to have a devotion and celebration all together. I just find it so tearjerking every time I see the children worshiping and praising God. Despite all that they have been through, they are so reliant on God, it's so inspiring!

This evening we took all the staff out for a meal to a Japanese restaurant where one of the boys in Kanlungan works as the chef. We have had a lovely time and has been a wonderful opportunity to get to know the staff even more and also to thank them for their continuous hard work and dedication.

I literally can't believe how quickly these past two weeks have gone. Heidi and I will be very sad to see Mary, Mela, Jess and Alec leave tomorrow, but we are very excited (and a little nervous) about moving into the Malate centre and actually getting stuck in now. We would really appreciate your prayers as we move in tomorrow and that we will quickly settle in and find our places and where we fit there.

It means so much to know that you are all supporting us and keeping us in your prayers. I really feel that this is where God wants us right now and I am very excited to see what he has in store for us.

God bless
Sarah xxxx

6 comments:

Rachel Grice said...

Hi Sarah & Heidi,

It is so wonderful and moving to read your blog. You are doing a brill job & making a difference. You will be fine when you move into the Malate centre, trust God with your fears & misgivings and know that we are supporting you in prayer. We are so proud of you both & God will bless you and grow you so much through this experience. Cast all your cares on Him & believe.
Go for it, girls!! lots of love, Rachel,
& Ian & Pete.xxxxx

Mark said...

Hi Sarah

It's great to hear from you and know that you are having such a great time.

I just want to say thanks to you and Heidi for going ... it means a lot to me personally that you are there.

Please give my love to all

Mark

Lydia said...

Thinking of you and praying for you both. It sounds like you're having an amazing time and it will only get better as you settle in and find your place. Be blessed, Lydia, Drew, Daisy, Isaac & Hannah xxxxx

Rachel Frith said...

Hey Sarah!
Great to hear what you're getting up to! Swimming sounds like so much fun! I bet the kids had an amazing time!
I'll be praying for you at the Malate centre but you're both lovely so I have no doubts you'll settle in really really well! I think you will see God move in amazing ways because now Mary, Mela, Alec and and Jess are leaving you'll be relying on God so much more. Praise God that they were able to be there to help you settle in though!
Make the most of every moment because 3 months flies by!
Lots of love
Rachel Frith x

MarkH said...

Hi sarah

it sounds like your getting into the swing of it, it sounds amzing, the day at the pool worshipping with the children was one of the moments i will remember for the rest of my life, it brought a tear to my eye to! Will be praying as you move into the Malate centre and begin the next stage of your journey.

Say a big hi to all especially to kuya wilmar

Anonymous said...

Dear Heidi and Sarah

You are doing an amazing thing helping with the children. Praying for you both as you move into the Malate Centre but I know it will be fine as you are both in God's hands ane He will bless you and keep you safe and well.

Margaret Auld