Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Let the children come

Hi
I have been out with Wilmar( the street educator) on the streets, we have put together some tricks, testimonies bible stories and songs. After gathering about 15 children and mothers, including waking some of the older girls from around the bay area. Wilmar had the children and mums stood with a prayer to start. It was almost like a little street church!We sang some songs,as I was stood there in front of them looking at the joy on their faces as they sang and clapped the Lord just gave me a glimpse of his heart for these people, it began to break mine. After some gospel magic, testimony and the story of the lost son, Wilamar bought everyone food and drink and we had some play time. As we left I knelt to pray with my arms around some of the children and the mums and just knew Jesus was there, my question that has been in my mind all week, Just where is Jesus in all this? was finally answered. The prayer flowed from my lips with simply requests food for the day, protection, love to surround them, Jesus was there those words of his echoed round my mind "let the children come" he said as he blessed them.

Thankyou for following the blog it has helped me to think through the enourmous things we have seen and and experienced and special thanks to Mark A, Ian and malc for giving me the prividge of seeing God's work here. It is an experince that Has changed me for life.

Blessings

Mark

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you all for letting us into your thoughts through this wonderful series of blogs. Many more people have read the blog than have managed to comment on it and it has enabled us to pray for you throughout the trip. Safe journey home. Looking forward to Saturday. Love to you all. Helen A

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences and thoughts with everyone. I have a real passion to draw mums and babies and children around Jesus, sharing some of your experiences deepens that passion also enables us to pray for Gods wider family. Safe journey! Ruth

Anonymous said...

What an experience it has been for you all.It has been humbling to read all that you been doing
May God uphold you in His care for the last days of your stay.
We are all praying for your safe return.
God bless you all.

Anonymous said...

Hi All,
Just to let you know that Emily is safely returned to us. She had a good journey, but is pretty shattered, and is in her bed sleeping as I type (8pm - highly recommended to you all, as something we learned during our many overseas travels.You are all much in hers and our thoughts and prayers and we pray for God's blessings on you all and the people that you spend time with in the remaining days. Love Hobbs x 5

Anonymous said...

Yes....thanks for taking the time to keep us posted - I visited last year and know that after a full day it can be hard finding the energy to blog. Its been great to hear of your experiences and how God has been at work. God is good !! Please send my love to those that know me. Love Chris S