Saturday, January 31, 2009

A happier note...a day full of love

Hey,

I just want to start by saying thank you to all those who commented on my last entry. Its really lovely that you take time out of your lives to actually read what I wrote, let alone comment on it.

Today we had the joy of taking around 100 children swimming!! All the children from the Farm, the Boy's Home, Lagunna(?) and the Tunsaan drop in centre came. It was the most uplifting and refreshing experience, and after such an emotional week, it was just what we needed. When we arrived, the children were already there, having set off at 7:30 so they could enjoy every minute they had. The children love swimming and it was obvious. Their faces were lit up with smiles that lasted all day. But what was really amazing to see was how the children reacted to one another. You've got to remember that its quite rare for them to all meet up, yet it was like a massive family gathering.

What really touched me was the love they had for one another. The big boys from the Farm were looking after the little ones, helping them into the pool, teaching them to swim and playing games with them. The children had such trust and faith in these boys, boys originally who were as hard as nails, involved in activities you and me can only imagine. I spent the day as a train, carrying two little girls backwards and forwards in the pool. Its weird what endless patience you suddenly have. Then I spent it being chased round a basketball court. I found out later that these were the street children from the Tusaan centre, girls in similar situations to Jen Jen, Jessica and Joliann, only they live next to rail tracks instead of in the city centre.

Its hard to describe the love I feel for these children. Its almost like my heart has doubled in size while we have been here and it just continues to grow with every new child I come across. I have never experienced anything like it and I know its a love that God has put in my heart. Why? I don't know...we shall just have to wait and see. But what I love about this trip is everyone has connected to something. Mark H is determind to get back to the youth detention centre and work with the boys there, Liz has felt an amazing connection to the Lagunna children while Jen and Leta want to go back to the Malate Centre. God works in wonderful ways and he makes sure that there is always someone who wants to help. I never truely understood what it was to ask God to break your heart or to discover your passion until now.

Lou says hi and with that I say bye. Today I only ask for your prayers of thanks to God. He is awesome and the love He has for all of His children is overwhelming. Pray especially to thank Him for the staff at Kanlungan who I think love the children almost as much as He does.

Emily x

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for you wonderful comments and such an insight into what you are seeing and experiencing of God's power.
Continue to enjoy and minister in God's power and strength.
God bless, fondest love and prayers
Kathy and the girls xxxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Ya, Pleased you all had a good time at the pool and enjoyed chilling with the children and staff. Thanks for keeping us in the loop back in UK - we continue to pray for you and the team. Much love, The Shrimps

Anonymous said...

Hi Emily and everyone - Mon pm here and only just caught up on reading your blogs. It is such a blessing to hear your descriptions and how God is touching you all. Thank you for telling us. love to all & God Bless, Rachel Grice.