Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Back in Manila

Well, I'm back in Manila now. had a really good time away at Caliraya (the retreat place). Ian, Malcolm, Terry, Vicky, Jess & Cassia left at 7:30 this morning so by the time you are reading this in the UK they should be in Hong Kong. Please pray for safe travelling.

Had my first visit to the Malate Centre last night - it really is an amazing, happy, place. We joined them for a worship time - singing 'Light of the World' with the children is just the most amazing experience - it may not be polished, but it is some of the most heart felt worship I have ever taken part in. Was reminded of the verse "When the son of man returns will he find faith on the earth?" - Yes, if he returns now he will certainly find it in the back streets of Manila.

Having a bit of an easier morning now - have moved rooms now that the others have gone, sorted out my laundary and been over to the Robinson Shopping Centre for a coffee. Ate Sol is coming to meet me sometime before lunch and it will be off to Malate Centre and probably some time with the Street Education team this afternoon.

Thanks for your comments, it is great to log on and read them.

I'll see if I can get some photos on later - including a video of Ian & Malcolm doing 'Father Abraham' ...

Take care

Mark

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi again Mark, looks like it is a bit hotter there than in sunny Gloucestershire, web says you are getting up to 36c, we'll settle for the 21c here. Anyway glad things are going well, 'Done my Laundary' well I guess there is a first time for everything! Anyway take care and text home if you get chance.

Tim D