Thursday, April 5, 2007

Here I Go Again!

Well, some of you may remember this idea from the last time I went to the Philippines (only then I went with a load of Young People from Church) - so I thought I would try it again!

As last time, I'm visiting Kanlungan Sa-Erma, I refuge for Street children in Manila. Only this time, I'm flying out on my own, meeting a team that is already out there (Ian, Malcolm, Terry from the trustees, plus others) and then staying for 6 days after they have left.

Just in the last minute preparations at the moment (as well as the small matter of Good Friday & Easter Services!) - then I fly out Sunday evening from Heathrow.

My flight itinerary is:

Sunday 08-Apr LH4733 from Heathrow to Frankfurt: Depart 17:05, Arrive 18:35
then .... LH 744 from Frankfurt to Manila: Deaprt 21:45, Arrive (Monday) 11:10

I guess for me this visit is really about getting a better understanding of Kanlungan, now that we have set up the Streetlight Trust. That's why I think the time I am out there on my own will be so valuable - 100% of my focus can be on Kanlungan and understanding what they are doing.

So ... please pray for me as I fly out on Sunday. Also pray for Helen, Michael & Zac as they have to cope without me.

Next posting (unless I think of anything else to say before then!) will be from the Cybercafe next to the Shalom Christian Centre in Manila!

Thanks

Mark

8 comments:

The National Youth Music Camps said...

I don't think your blog is as good as mine. For a real blog go to www.razzamajazz.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

hi dad i hope you have a good time but your down stairs at the moment so i dont know why i am doing this but o well

from mike and zac
p.s remember the mango

Anonymous said...

Hi Mark

Hope the jouney goes well, looking forward to reading what you are up too!

Rex

Anonymous said...

Just so that you know how the other half (3/4 's actually) lives while Mark is away Zac, Michael and I are going off in the caravan for a few day so we won't be able to read this lovely blog until next week when we get home.

Please pray for Mark and for Me and the boys. As long as I don't have to reverse the caravan round any sharp corners all will be lovely.

thanks

Helen

The National Youth Music Camps said...

Seriously ( sorry about the other comment thought you could edit them). We will be praying. We pray for safety and good health for all, and that God blesses everyone more than they could ever imagine.
Sarah X

Anonymous said...

Hi Mark
Just done my Tesco order so thought I would check in. You should be making your way out of the airport now if all was on time. Hope the journey went well. look forward to hearing how things are going. Will be praying...
Sheila P

Anonymous said...

Hi mark,

Just wanted day, good luck, and have a fab time out there.

I will be praying.

Rebekka.

Anonymous said...

Hi Mark, Love from the Adams UK branch and the Days. Glad you got there OK. Weather here is fantastic, wall to wall sunshine and 21c all week, ideal for camping etc. It is still April isn't it. I will take a screen shot of your blog and show it to Helen and the boys. Speak to you tomorrow.